Patrick's Postings

Monday, October 24, 2005

Back in Sydney

I have thankfully escaped the heat and flies of Alice Springs. My last night in Alice Springs I went for a one hour camel ride in the outback. Don't ask me why I decided to go for a camel ride, but apparently I was the only one who had that idea; that left me, the camel farmer and a train of 7 camels to go for the ride. Perhaps it was the flies, perhaps the heat or perhaps the fact that camels spit kept people away. But not me. It was hot, there were more flies than ever (the route of the ride happened to go through a cow pasture, to my surprise, which is where most of the flies are) and I believe that the camel behind me spit on my back. I didn't feel my back in order to confirm it, which I thought would have made it worse (kind of like when someone smells something bad, makes a face and then asks you to smell it; it's just not a good idea), but I am sure that my arm got a little wet. But it was fun.

Now that I am back in the civilized world, I plan to make the most of it. Tomorrow I should be going to the famed Sydney Aquarium, climbing the Sydney Tower and going for a stroll in historic Hyde Park. Wednesday is up in the air (Sydney Harbor Bridge walk, perhaps) and Thursday will hopefully be a visit to the Blue Mountains and a little cave exploration.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home