Patrick's Postings

Friday, November 18, 2005

Last day of fun

I guess it wasn't the last day of fun I will ever have, but the last day of fun that I will have in New Zealand. The best way to describe New Zealand is to say that it is a big playground with lots of toys for you to play with. If you can think of something that is fun, a Kiwi has already come up with it and made it crazier than you could imagine. Fast boats? They have jet boats that can travel at 50 knots...and do 360 degree turns within a length of the boat (it started on the Shotover river in Queenstown). They also invented the bungee jump (A.J. Hackett opened the first commercial site on the bridge over the Kawarau River). And then there is the Zorb. You sit in a big ball (about 7 feet in diameter), they put in some water (about 4 inches) and then you go careening down a hill. You are not strapped in and are free to slide and tumble about in the zorb. If you ever wanted to jump in your washer machine (you know who you are, the people who try to open the lid just enough so they can see what is going on without having it shut off), this is for your. It's like a water slide that continually lays the slide down in front of you. It is the most fun that I have had in a very long time. And that was just what I did this morning.

In the afternoon I went white water rafting. Grade 5, 14 rapids, the tallest being a 22 foot waterfall. I sat in the front of the boat, and took the brunt of the force of the water pouring over the front of the boat at the bottom of the water falls. I probably drank an extra 3 gallons of the river during the trip. Lots of fun, but it didn't compare to zorbing. I should have split them up, but it still made for a great day.

1 Comments:

At 4:24 PM, Blogger John Harkins said...

I jumped at the AJ Hackett site in Cairns. Awesome time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home