Patrick's Postings

Monday, November 06, 2006

Off to a Good Start

Not really. I have made it to Malaga, but my bag has not. I have also had my bag stuck in an X-ray machine at Newark Airport and had the plane take drastic measures during an aborted landing at Heathrow. And by drastic measures I mean pulling the nose up and putting the engines at full throttle just as we had dipped below 500 feet, then having to bank hard left over the airport itself. The only thing missing was someone yelling "Turn and burn, Mav" or it would have been just like Top Gun in a 777. Turned out that the plane that landed before us did not clear the runway, so we would have ran into the back of that plane had we landed. Not a fun experience, but we were able to land safely 20 minutes later.

Hopefully this is just getting the uncomfortable stuff out of the way and the rest of the trip will be uneventful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home