Patrick's Postings

Thursday, November 09, 2006

The Rain in Spain

It has done nothing but rain for the last few days here. There has been terrible flooding amid the heaviest rainfall in quite some time. Needless to say, that has kept me pretty close to my hotel room. Today seems better, so perhaps I can see explore Malaga little bit more.

I head out tomorrow to the camp site near Marbella to meet up with the tour group. Hopefully it will be a good group, though it isn´too much of a worry. Most people who go on this trip have overlanded before, which is a bonus considering the amount of work and cooperation that is needed. This isn´t a fancy tour where people put up your tent and cook your meals for you. This is a full on cooking, cleaning, food shopping, tent pitching and decision making tour. The reward is the great places that we visit and people we meet, not the all out relaxation that most people seek on a vacation.

The first leg of the trip (weeks 1-4 or so) will be spent in Morocco and Mauritania. Stops will include Fes, Rabat, Marrakesh and a trip across a little thing called the Sahara Desert.

I´ll do my best to update as I go

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home