Patrick's Postings

Sunday, November 27, 2005

Some Pictures

I have made it home and I have finally gotten around to taking my pictures off of my camera. A little problem, though: I can't get the pictures off of one of my cameras (the good one, of course). Hopefully I can remedy this quickly. For now, here are some from the other camera.
Australia

The obligatory shot of the Sydney Opera House

A giant clam and some fish on the Great Barrier Reef off of Cairns (from inside a semi-submersible; I didn't take any pictures when I went snorkeling)


Crocodiles: The ones in the top pic were at a croc farm near Cairns and the one in the bottom was on the Mary River

Aboriginal rock art at Ubirr: Top, depiction of edible animals and how to prepare them. Middle, a warrior (a great story behind it. It's a little long, so if you are interested let me know). Bottom, a Tasmanian tiger (now extinct)

Notice the look of discomfort on my face. Several possible reasons: (1) the flies, (2) the camel behind me just spit on me, (3) it is 105 degrees out and (4) I thought I was about to get thrown off. It was a good time.

New Zealand

Sandboarding at Cape Reinga

Zorbing in Rotorua

Craters of the Moon, outside Taupo. Thermal pools and vents. Very spooky feel, you half expect to see dinosaurs. Except these vents are only 40 years old. They were formed when they started drawing super-heated water from below ground a few miles away.

More pictures to come, hopefully soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home