Patrick's Postings

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Cape Town, At Last

We pulled into Cape Town this morning, completing the 63 day trip down from Nairobi. It was a quiet trip, mostly due to the fact that the wine tasting yesterday took its toll on people. It started out nicely at Simonsig and Fairview, but after lunch it took a bit of a different direction. The niceties of swirling the wine in your mouth and sniffing the bouquet were replaced with gargling the wine and contests to see who could drink 6 glasses of wine the quickest (it wasn't me, if you were wondering). But it was a really good time and a nice way to end the trip.

Now for the tough part: filling my days while I am here in Cape Town. I don't fly out until April 10th, and I really only need 3 or 4 days to do the activities that I want to do: snorkelling with the great white sharks, going to Robben Island and ascending Table Mountain.

1 Comments:

At 12:18 PM, Blogger John Harkins said...

You could go skydiving.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home